Thursday, 6 May 2010

Post Eighteen

Finishing up

This is my last post, the animation is finally complete, I am really pleased with it. It has taken a considerable amount of time and effort but the end result was definately worth it, it has taken almost eleven weeks to complete; about four weeks to model everything and four weeks to bone, rig and skin the character and about two to three weeks to animate, and i have had loads of fun animating. The modelling part was probably the simplest part of the process as I new what I wanted to deliver, wish i could say the same about the bones, rig and skin, I had no clue what I was doing and had to follow some of the video tutorials here:

http://www.3dhaze.com/tutorials/char_model/index.html

This site was a really, really good resource for rigging the model and would definately recommend this resource to anyone thinking of creating bones and rigging the model properly. If I had had this information at the beginning of the course I would have probably flown through that stage, but alas I did not. I would like to have had more time to animate as I did not add the celebration section, I just had to scrap that part and make Travis do another trick instead. Anyhow here is the final animation with some funky music by the Dead Kennedys that Travis insisted on playing.


No comments:

Post a Comment