Monday, 3 May 2010

Post Seventeen

Nearing the end...

This module is closing to an end and the animation is nearing completion, I have completed fifteen seconds of animation so far and will have the completed movie in a day or two, this module has been quite fun although very time consuming, with a load of late nights and early mornings to get everything sorted. It has been very enjoyable, and most parts of the character creation process went well, I have learnt so much in a very small amount of time, although some parts like the rigging and skinning were very frustrating. The animation process was a very fun part, making my model come alive as I tried to give him a personality of his very own. I set out to have my character bail, do some tricks and celebrate, and although I am still trying to make him celebrate the other parts are more than complete, render times were very long almost an hour and a half for every three seconds, it was using mental ray and ray tracing but with only one light and it still took a long time. But for the lengthy time I am very happy with the outcome, the reflections on the floor, and the crisp look is more than I could have ever hoped for.
Here is a video showing the (almost complete) animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment